Climate Change, Risks and Challenges (#ClimateCourse)
|Author:||DKK and WWF|
|Offering University:||Technical University Lübeck|
|Field of Knowledge:||Natural Sciences||Free of Charge|
|Average Workload:||45 Hours||Free of Charge||Enrol|
What can you learn in this course?
- By enrolling and actively participating in the course, you will acquire a sound basic understanding of the climate system and climate change, and the associated complex contexts.
- You will learn to distinguish between natural and anthropogenic (man-made) impacts on the climate system and the natural climate fluctuations. This distinction is important to be able to better assess the causes of climate change.
- You will learn to categorise the impacts of anthropogenic climate change on nature and society correctly.
- You will also get an overview of the available options for action.
- Incidentally, you will learn a lot about the major scientific methods in climate research. This will help you to distinguish between the views of certain interest groups on the topic and reliable scientific knowledge in future.
- In addition, once you have finished the course, you will know where to find reliable sources for scientific information and objective representations, since you will be familiar with the major scientific institutions in climate research and renowned German researchers.
Last but not least, you will meet many interesting people with similar interests and questions to yours. This course will help you meet new contacts and get connected to the community.
There are six chapters in this MOOC. These are the contents at a glance:
Confirmation of participation
In this course, you can get Badges and Training certificate.