Technical English: Mechanical Engineering (#EnglishME)
|Course Offered By:||Dorle Stecher, TH Lübeck|
|Offering University:||Technical University Lübeck|
|Field of Knowledge:||Social Sciences||Free of Charge|
|Average Workload:||40 Hours||Free of Charge||Enrol|
What can you learn in this course?
After completing the course “Technical English. Mechanical Engineering”
- you will be able to recognize, understand and apply the most common technical vocabulary in your field of study.
- you will be able to recognize and apply appropriate context-specific structures
- you will be able to apply strategies that help you understand and follow lectures and other longer contributions in your field of study
- you will be able to apply strategies that help you understand articles in your field of study
- you will be able to identify and produce the language and features of the subject-specific text types process description, product description and graph description.
- you will be able apply strategies that help you learn vocabulary independently, cope with a self-paced learning mode and continuously motivate yourself in the learning process
The individual chapters of the course will be published on the following dates
- Welcome and Introduction (March 11, 2019)
- Maths: algebra and geometry (March 18, 2019)
- Energy and electricity (March 25, 2019)
- Materials and their properties (April 1, 2019)
- Forces (April 8, 2019)
- Friction (April 15, 2019)
- Transmission (April 22, 2019)
This course will stay open for participation and enrollment after the tutored time!
Confirmation of participation
In this course, you can get Badges and Training certificate.