|Author:||A. Wittke, G. Kwast, Dr. A. Petersheim|
|Offering Institution:||Technische Hochschule Lübeck|
|Field of Knowledge:||Preparation Courses||Free of Charge|
|Average Workload:||15 Hours||Free of Charge||Enrol|
What can you learn in this course?
Digital media is changing our world. People are changing the world using digital media. Internet competency is a prerequisite for reviewing and shaping this change process.
- How do we define media competency and how has the Internet developed?
- What is Web 2.0 and which companies are behind it?
- What is Open Source, Open Content and Copyright about?
- What is the potential of online media?
- How can you protect yourself against viruses, trojans, spyware or spam?
- Introduction: Definition of media competency, mass media, history of the Internet
- Knowledge society: Organization and access to knowledge as a driver of economic development, mass media in the knowledge society
- Market leader or monopolist?: A look at the major vendors such as Microsoft, Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook and more.
- Web 2.0: Definition of Web 2.0, wikis, blogs, social networks etc., interesting tools, cloud computing, mobile internet
- Open source: Definition and history, licenses, examples of open source
- Open Content versus Digital Rights Management: Insight into the copyright law, rights of the author, exploitation of works, open content and digital rights management
- Safety: How can I protect myself from viruses, trojans, spyware, phishing, spam, etc.?
|A. Wittke, G. Kwast, Dr. A. Petersheim|
Confirmation of participation
In this course, you can earn Training certificate.