Introduction to Mathematics 1
|Course Offered By:|
|Offering University:||Technical University Lübeck|
|Field of Knowledge:||Preparation Courses||Free of Charge|
|Average Workload:||75 Hours||Free of Charge||Enrol|
What can you learn in this course?
After completing the course „Introduction to Mathematics 1“:
- You can read and write the set notation correctly; interpret expressions with sets and set operations correctly;
- Compose sets from predefined basic quantities using set operations;
- Convert quantity diagrams into quantity expressions and vice versa;
- Calculate binomial coefficients correctly by hand.
- you can define functions with domain and value set and check for correctness;
- you can construct simple functions with function rules, domain and value range;
- you know the relationship between function and inverse function and can check these for simple examples;
- you can check in simple cases whether a given function is reversible.
- You can analyze logical formulas for syntactical correctness,
- interpret logical formulas and determine their truth value,
- formulate simple facts in the language of propositional logic.
- you will learn how certain methods of mathematical verifying can be justified by using propositional logic and
- you will learn how digital combinational circuits can be designed using propositional logic.
- Relations and Functions
- Components of Propositional Logic
- Laws of Propositional Logic
- Applications of the Propositional Logic